What is Cloud Governance?
- Making changes to set policies and principles as required for controlling costs,
- Improving efficiency, and
- Ensuring the security applications and data.
In a report, titled ‘Adapt Your Governance Framework For Cloud’ published in 2017 by Forrester Research Inc. cloud governance is defined as “the ability to provide strategic direction, track performance, allocate resources, and make adjustments to ensure that organizational objectives are met, without breaching the parameters of risk tolerance or compliance obligations.”
Points to Remember
- The goal of cloud governance can effectively be achieved by cloud governance automation that makes the entire process much easier. Furthermore, cloud governance software can help in building a cost-effective and efficient cloud infrastructure and eliminate potential security threats.
- Cloud governance is often perceived as similar to cloud management [link to #2.6]. However, as opposed to cloud management, cloud governance involves setting rules and regulation for cloud infrastructure.