Cloud and Business Transformation for Meritnation
The objective was to transform the existing infrastructure into a scalable, affordable and advanced architecture to run business workloads.
Our delivery scope consisted of the following:
- Transformation of the existing infrastructure to a combination of open standards hardware and open source software, including the cloud orchestration layer.
- Shift from VMware ESXi hypervisor to open source Linux-based hypervisors for virtualisation.
- Migration of existing infrastructure to Apache Cloudstack and completely manage the private cloud.
- Delivery of completely managed infrastructure till virtual machine layers for Meritnation to focus on running business workloads without worrying about the underlying infrastructure.
- Cloud Transformation – The transformation journey required a complete mindset change in people, and an overhaul of processes and systems.
- Design for Scalability – Designing and implementing a plug and play infrastructure for future scalability.
- Shift to Open-Source Culture – Convincing the client over the merits of choosing open standards hardware and open source software.
IndiQus was able to bring Meritnation’s overall licensing, hosting and operational costs down by 40%
How we succeeded
Reduced Cloud TCO – IndiQus was able to bring Meritnation’s overall licensing and hosting operational costs down by 40%.
- Scalable, Plug & Play Infrastructure – The new infrastructure delivered was easily scalable. Over the last 3 years, Meritnation has doubled the compute and storage without any hassles.
- Increase in Uptime – Infrastructure and service uptime went up to 99.99% with latest hardware and superior network with 10G connectivity.